Tuesday 10 July 2012

Ostrich Boys:A Review by Jay Bevan

I think Ostrich Boys is a good story because it takes you along with the boys (Blake, Kenny and Sim) on their    journey to take Ross (their dead friend) to Ross (a small hamlet in Scotland) for a proper, fitting funeral. Also, it has lots of description so you really get a feel for the characters and where they are. However, I think the ending was a little rushed and did not complete the story.
This book has a lot of sarcastic humour from the boys mocking one another. Also, a lot of compound nouns. These words will certainly make you giggle. This provides the story with some light-hearted comedy.
Overall, I think I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars,    because although it has a great storyline, comedy and a lot of description, the ending (one of the biggest parts of a story could have been a little better.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I am supposed to comment on my own but, in case I am supposed to, here it is:

    I think the review is OK but I accedentally put 2 spaces in between 'their' and 'journey'. It could also be a bit longer.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good honest feedback Jay, well done!

    ReplyDelete